levels in real time. We will test the accuracy, tolerability, and safety of this device in
people with Parkinson disease.
1. Participants must meet the Movement Disorders Society (MDS) diagnostic criteria for
clinically established Parkinson disease.
2. Able to provide signed informed consent (in English or Spanish)
3. Mild, moderate, or severe Parkinson disease, able to ambulate (Hoehn and Yahr stages
4. Taking instant release oral carbidopa/levodopa therapy
5. Either not taking, or on stable doses of any of the following antiparkinsonian
medications: dopamine agonists, monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B) inhibitors or
catecholamine O-methyl transferase (COMT) inhibitors
1. Other neurological conditions including but not limited to stroke, dementia (including
Parkinson disease dementia), or traumatic brain injury
2. Co-existent major psychiatric disease
3. Uncontrolled, active medical conditions (e.g., heart, kidney, or liver failure,
4. Status post deep brain stimulation (DBS) device placement
5. Any other condition, that in the opinion of the investigators, would place the
participant at risk.
- University of California San DIego, San Diego, California, United States, 92093