therapy (MBCT) in reducing anxiety and/or depressive symptoms in people with Parkinson’s
disease (PD) and caregivers of people with PD.
– Having a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease (PD) or parkinsonism, established by a
neurologist, or being a caregiver of a person with PD or parkinsonism
– Living in the San Francisco Bay Area
– Being able and willing to attend 8 weekly 90-minute online group sessions (5-6:30 pm
– Mild-to-moderate anxiety: GAD-7 score ≤ 16
– Mild-to-moderate depression: PHQ-9 score ≤ 18
– Severe anxiety: GAD-7 score > 16
– Moderately severe-to-severe depression: PHQ-9 score > 18
– Cognitive impairment: Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) score < 24 - Heavy alcohol or drug use - Severe psychosis - Active suicidal or homicidal ideation - For people with PD: severe motor fluctuations (less than 2 hours "on" time per day) - Pattern of engagement with health care that indicates low likelihood of completing an 8-week intervention.
- University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States, 94143