exploited to improve evaluation, monitoring and measurement of both peripheral and central
demyelination in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients.
– Multiple sclerosis (MS) patients with advanced state of the disease as evidenced by
severe disability scores (EDSS > 5) with impaired motor control of extremities.
– Normal healthy subjects.
– Willing and able to lie motionless on the PET-CT scanner bed for at least 10 minutes
and up to 20 minutes for the duration of the PET-CT medical imaging scan.
– Any additional complicating medical illness other than MS including any other
neuropsychiatric illness unrelated to MS diagnosed prior to the onset of initial
symptoms of MS.
– Pregnancy or breast feeding.
– Diabetes or other metabolic-endocrine disorders.
– Any known concomitant acute infection.
– History of metastatic or locally invasive cancer.
– Recent surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Brain Health Alliance, Ladera Ranch, California, United States, 92694