A Multicenter, International, Open-label, Safety Study of ND0612, a Solution of Levodopa/Carbidopa Delivered Via a Pump System as a Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion in Subjects With Advanced Parkinson’s Disease
levodopa/carbidopa (LD/CD) delivered via a pump system as a continuous SC infusion in
subjects with advanced Parkinson’s Disease.
– Male and female PD subjects of any race aged at least 30 years who have signed an
– PD diagnosis consistent with the UK Brain Bank Criteria.
– Modified Hoehn & Yahr scale in “ON” state of stage ≤3.
– Taking at least 4 doses/day of LD/DDI (or at least 3 doses/day of Rytary) and taking,
or have attempted to take, at least 1 other PD treatment for at least 30 days.
– Subjects must be stable on their anti-Parkinson’s disease medications for at least 30
days before Day 1.
– Subjects may have had prior exposure to SC apomorphine injections/infusion but must
have stopped continuous apomorphine administration at least 4 weeks before the
screening visit. Treatment with apomorphine is prohibited during the entire ND0612
– Must have a minimum of 2 hours of “OFF” time per day with predictable early morning
“OFF” periods as estimated by the subject.
– Must have predictable and well defined early morning “OFF” periods with a good
response to Levodopa for treatment of the early morning “OFF” in the judgement of the
– Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE) score >26.
– No clinically significant medical, psychiatric or laboratory abnormalities which the
investigator judges would be unsafe or non-compliant in the study.
– Female subjects must be surgically sterile (hysterectomy, bilateral oophorectomy, or
tubal ligation), postmenopausal (defined as cessation of menses for at least 1 year),
or willing to practice a highly effective method of contraception. All female
participants must be non-lactating and non-pregnant and have a negative urine
pregnancy test at Screening and at Baseline. Female subjects of childbearing potential
must practice a highly effective method of contraception (e.g., oral contraceptives,
intrauterine devices, partner with vasectomy), 1 month before enrollment, for the
duration of the study, and 3 months after the last dose of study drug. Alternatively,
true abstinence is acceptable when it is in line with the subject’s preferred and
usual lifestyle. If a subject is usually not sexually active but becomes active, the
subject and sexual partner must comply with the contraceptive requirements detailed
– Willing and able to administer the SC infusion alone or with the assistance of a study
partner after a screening period of up to 40 days and willing and able to comply with
– Subjects should have a named study partner.
For Cohort 1 and Cohort 2, the following exclusion criterion applies:
– Previously unable to tolerate ND0612 and/or have experienced intolerable adverse drug
reactions associated with its use, regardless of the dosing regimen administered.
For Cohort 2, the following exclusion criteria apply:
– Atypical or secondary parkinsonism.
– Acute psychosis or hallucinations in past 6 months.
– Any relevant medical, surgical, or psychiatric condition, laboratory value, or
concomitant medication which, in the opinion of the Investigator makes the subject
unsuitable for study entry or potentially unable to complete all aspects of the study.
– Any malignancy in the 5 years prior to randomization (excluding basal cell carcinoma
of the skin or cervical carcinoma in situ that have been successfully treated).
– Positive serum serology for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) or Human
Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) at the Screening visit.
– Prior neurosurgical procedure for Parkinson’s disease, or duodopa treatment.
– Subjects with a history of drug abuse or alcoholism within the past 12 months.
– Clinically significant ECG rhythm abnormalities.
– Renal or liver dysfunction that may alter drug metabolism including: serum creatinine
>1.3 mg/dL, serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) or alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
>2 x upper limit of normal (ULN), total serum bilirubin >2.5 mg/dL.
– Current participation in a clinical trial with an investigational product or past
participation within the last 30 days before Day 1.
- The Parkinsons and Movement Disorder Institute, Fountain Valley, California, United States, 92708-5153
- Neuro Pain Medical Center, Fresno, California, United States, 93710